VOLUNTEER WITH US
The Zionist Federation work would simply not be possible without our amazing team of dedicated volunteers.
ONGOING VOLUNTEERING OPPORTUNITIES AT THE ZF
Thank you for considering volunteering with the ZF. We have a very small office staff, so rely on the invaluable work of our volunteers to allow us to do as much as we do. Please see some volunteering opportunities below.
If there is nothing that is of interest below, get in touch with us letting us know your interests and skills. I am sure we can find something suitable. Most projects can be done from our office in North West London.
- Fundraising: We are looking for volunteers who are able to meet with us for 3 hours on a regular weekly/fortnightly basis. Community work can be undertaken flexibly. Volunteers will help to identify ways of raising funds and to take action to help secure this funding by talking to ZF members, donors and companies on the telephone as well as undertaking web-based research.
- To help organise fundraising events: Skills and Qualifications: A professional and friendly telephone manner, Good written and verbal communication skills Ability to work on own initiative, Previous fundraising experience would be a bonus Commitment to work in compliance with policies and procedures. Training and Support: You will be given induction training into the various aspect the work. You will receive ongoing support from the Fundraising Manager.
- Researcher: The ZF requires people who have the ability to do a little digging and research a topic, giving a concise briefing at the end. The research will not be relating to bigger topics (eg. What Iran’s nuclear capability means for Middle East Stability), but rather smaller topics (eg. A controversial lecturer coming to town; who is hosting them, why is this lecturer controversial, etc). This is more of an ad-hoc basis when needed, and would suit someone who can work from home.
- Events Management: The ZF requires a team of volunteers to help out at our larger events. This can be anything from checking off a guest list at the reception desk, to helping set up the event in advance. This is on an ad-hoc basis.
- Leaflets Distribution: The ZF continually requires volunteers to help distribute fliers for events to the Jewish Shops and Deli’s in the area. Shops range from Golders Green and Hendon to Bushey. This is done on an ad-hoc basis.
- Answering Phones: Join us in the ZF office to help answer phone calls.
GET IN TOUCH
Please contact the ZF on 020 8202 0202 or email: email@example.com to become a volunteer.